NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) is a quasi-judicial body in India that adjudicates issues relating to companies in India. The NCLT was established under the Companies Act 2013 and was constituted on 1 June 2016.
NCLT has eleven benches, two at New Delhi (one being the principal bench) and one each at Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.
Practicing Company Secretaries would for the first time be eligible to appear for matters which were hitherto dealt with by the High Court viz. mergers, amalgamations under the provisions of the Companies Act 1956 and 2013.
J&P’s professional services include:
- Assistance in preparing schemes and petitions;
- Filing of petitions and schemes with NCLT;
- Appearance and representation before NCLT;
- Correspondence and Liaisoning with offices of NCLT in all states;
- Obtaining approval from NCLT;
- Filing of the order with the ROC.